4/10/12

New Routines.

Tuesday morning, and I am trying to get used to a little difference in my routine.  It is funny how little things that change can totally rearrange the way you do things, like getting up and ready for work in the morning.

Before, RJ and I had the upstairs as "our" area. Now, the downstairs is open as well. So, instead of staying up in my room with the TV and computer, I am downstairs. Realizing that I can move my make-up, curling iron, etc into the bathroom down here and use them, watch the morning news here and sit with Deuce in the chair and kick back a little, I decided to try it. Now I know that may not sound like anything terribly exciting to some people, but being able to lay on the couch for a little bit and have my coffee and wake up is a new world to me.

It is going to be the little things like this that change our routines. So far, I like it. The animals are the ones who are having a little more trouble adjusting. Roux keeps coming over and looking at me, wondering why I am not in my desk chair. Barney hasn't come down to join us yet. Deuce is happy to have me here and came off of "his" chair to sit on my lap for a while.

So, all in all I think its a good change. The little things in life are what make each life different and happy (or unhappy in some cases) and we need to explore them more and change the boundaries. Reshape the day and make it work for us.

Peace.

No comments: